Wednesday, August 28, 2013

To Venus and Part Way Back

So this is an editorial that I've been holding out on for months. We shot this back in May when the garden was perfectly Spring. It's my favorite time of the season when everything is super green and budding and has yet to seen the ravages of the Oklahoma heat. My homegirl Medeia Starfire is the photographer behind the lens this time and we shot on location at The Herban Fortress. It was a lovely, dewey afternoon as we wandered around the garden, smelling herbs, discussing modern feminism and playing with crystals . She is an artist, writer and photographer positioned in Seattle, but an Okie native to the bone. Jewels featured are heirloom vintage and Fortress Armor, which is a line of jewelry that I curate with hand - mined quartz and one of a kind custom pieces. Everything is organically grown by me and my partner. This is my home base for authoring all that I do. The epicenter, the mother ship, the lab from which I write, create, love and parent.





















No comments:

Post a Comment