Friday, May 31, 2013

Unplug and Recharge


I traveled to Laguna Beach, California in March to serve as executive chef at the Whole Woman retreat that was designed by my good friend Lindsay Hinton of Soul Inspired Wellness. It was an incredible experience and my first go at designing a menu for a weekend-long retreat. I had full control over our vegan|vegetarian, gluten-free menu which was liberating. Since then, I have been retained for two more retreats for the same purpose. It's an honor to serve with my gift with a platform from which I can divulge all of my favorite recipes and tips for sustainable, healthy living.

My next retreat is at the St. Francis of the Woods spiritual retreat center in Coyle, Oklahoma on June 22. This is in the beautiful, North Central region of the state. This is a one day event set to include meditation and mindfulness practices, an essential oil mini workshop, a flow of consciousness art project, a delicious and nutritious vegetarian lunch designed and prepared by me with a hands-on demonstration as we make our own veggie burgers. I will also be giving tips on how to incorporate quick, healthy dishes into your kitchen. We will end the day with a hike into the woods as we reflect on the benefits of unplugging ourselves from the media and the devices in our lives that can drain our internal batteries of the organic chi that is generated by the psyche and the consciousness. I am confident that anyone who attends will leave feeling nourished, alive and aware.

If you would like to attend, you can register through the official site at Persimmon Whole Health where you can ask questions and get details. Registration closes on June 12 and space is limited. Stay tuned for a post coming later with details on my July retreat!





No comments:

Post a Comment