Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Dark Magic Shell

So, even though my passion for super healthy food is my driving force about 90% of the time, I am still quite human when I feel abnormally attracted to sin. My justification is that it's going to be the highest quality of sin I can find. I always reach for chocolate when I want something sweet, but the kids really love vanilla ice cream. This is a delicious, organic one that we get in the summer. Then I went online to look up homemade magic shell and couldn't believe how easy it was. Talk about DELICIOUS. I found this vintage ice cream bowl at a thrift store in town for 10 cents! I even put it in the freezer 20 minutes before I made my bowl that I shared with my husband of course. A decadent dessert goes a long way! If you occasionally let yourself have your favorite indulgence once in a while, it's easier to keep the craving in check. Then you are not depriving yourself entirely and you might appreciate it more. 




INGREDIENTS
Your favorite ice cream that sounds good with dark chocolate
1|2 cup good quality dark chocolate (or semi-sweet or bittersweet)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
sprinkles or nuts or coconut flakes etc...

Keep in mind that the chocolate is the star of this presentation and it really is worth it to buy something a little expensive, in terms of chocolate. You can use chips, chunks or bars.

DIRECTIONS
Melt your chocolate and coconut oil in a small, heavy bottom pan on low. You will need to stir it constantly, but this only takes a couple of minutes. Adjust the coconut oil by adding a little more if you prefer your shell to be thinner or smoother. I personally like the big chunks. When everything is melted and at the consistency you like, pour it into a jar that has a lid. Do not cover it. Let it stand until it returns to room temperature. It will remain in a melted state that is easily spooned or poured out. As soon as you pour it onto your cold ice cream, it hardens. Top with whatever you like and devour!
The magic shell will keep in a covered jar on the counter for up to a month. Mine lasted two days.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment