Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Kombucha Home Brewing Workshop 3 + 4

This was the third Home Brewing Workshop for The Herban Fortress, hosted by Native Roots Market in downtown Oklahoma City. We had an amazing turn out and met lots of new faces. Friendships and business relationships were forged. It was a pleasant afternoon in December as we snacked on fresh, crisp radishes picked from my garden that morning. We sipped on different flavors of my home brew and talked about urban homesteading, fermentation, sustainability, health and wellness.


Beautiful green and black teas and hibiscus flowers were displayed to showcase the simple ingredients that go into making a delicious home brew. There was fresh culture and magical starter tea set out to touch, smell and explore.


These picture perfect radishes had been picked just a few hours before the workshop. They were spicy, crunchy and tasty dipped in my roasted red pepper hummus.


I always have a SPIDER CIDER display with me where ever I go, available in three sizes. Integrating this wellness tonic along with 8 ounces of kombucha is what I recommend for a daily routine that keeps your immune system responsive and alert as well as nourishes the gut and the digestive system. They both regulate internal ph and work in tandem to purify the blood and the skin.


Pretty little pro-biotic teas for the starter kits that are teeming with millions of organisms, bacteria and yeast.


I served a roasted garlic and red pepper hummus topped with smoked paprika and fresh parsley, a warm tomato bruschetta with balsamic and wilted basil, fresh mozzarella pearls, crispy radishes and my Herbed Seed and Nut Crackersfrom the blog. Everything was hand made (except for the mozz) and gluten free. These were perfect and delicious for December as I always tailor my table around seasonal foods and flavors.


These raw 'cheesecake' bars were made of cashews, swirled with dark chocolate and had an almond cacao crust. Sweetened with maple syrup and coconut oil, they were also vegan and gluten free. What a treat!


Jelly jars and paper straws for the home brew cocktails.


Proud of this pretty little bundle.



Guests dined, sipped and chatted for the first hour as everyone got to know one another and opened up the conversation about the benefits of home brewing and making kombucha in our own kitchens.


I brought four different flavors of my home brew to taste, showcasing some creative combinations such as black cherry ginger and peach pomegranate.




A BIG thanks to Native Roots Market for generously putting us up in their swanky club house for the day, and to everyone who came and made it special!

I'm happy to announce the date and location of my next workshop! We will gather on May 3 at the BE LOVE Yoga Studio in Tulsa which is formerly the I AM Yoga Studio. They have gone thought some changes and updates recently and are eager to roll out a new season of events and classes.

Check out the official event post on my blog here or visit the studio page to read more. You can pre-register here to reserve your spot. Space is limited!

All photos by Greer Inez

I hope you'll join us - HAPPY BREWING!

No comments:

Post a Comment