Saturday, August 9, 2014

Raw Tahini Buttercups


I am pretty sure I found my new favorite treat. Seriously. I have never experienced tahini in sweets and I'm totally in love with this simple, raw, vegan confection. Dessert does not get any easier or healthier, friends. This recipe has four ingredients and all you need is a food processor or blender. You could still mix everything by hand if you didn't have either of those and it would still be delicious. I've been talking about how much I love my little silicone cups for the longest time and they are a super investment for your kitchen. Totally affordable, you can find the standard size or the mini cups, which is what I used here. You'll never have to fiddle with paper liners or muffin tins made of aluminum or with non-stick coating. Highly recommended! These are frozen and hit that ice cream spot for me while satisfying my deeply-rooted desire for chocolate but without chocolate. I cannot take full credit for this gem of a recipe as I adopted it from The Chalkboard Mag. I will definitely be putting a twist on this one in the future.




INGREDIENTS
SHELL:
1|3 cup raw tahini
1|3 cup melted coconut oil

FILLING:
1 cup pitted dates such as Halawi or Medjool
1|2 cup cooled espresso

DIRECTIONS
In a food processor or blender or by hand, combine the tahini and the coconut oil until smooth. Fill the bottom of each cup with about a teaspoon of the mixture, reserving half for the tops. Put the cups into the freezer to set while you make the filling. Put the pitted dates into the processor and add the espresso gradually until you get a sticky paste. When the cups have set up (about 20 minutes) take them out and put a dollop of the filling into each one and smooth it out. Top with the rest of the tahini mixture and then back into the freezer for about an hour. These are most delicious eaten immediately with a sprinkle of coarse sea salt on top.

ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment